THE BUSINESS ADVISORY CENTRE
The Business Advisory Centre (BAC) is the Office of the National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI) in the district.
The vision of NBSSI is to create a vibrant entrepreneurial economy by fostering the growth and development of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
NBSSI MISSION STATEMENT:
NBSSI’s mission is to improve the competitiveness of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) by facilitating the provision of business development programs and integrated support services.
The BAC exists to enhance and provide client-focused quality programs, supported by superior customers service and strongly built relationships with stakeholders in carrying out the following functions:
- Contribute to the creation of an enabling environment for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprise development.
- Contribute to the development of an enterprise culture in Ghana.
- Facilitate access to credit for MSMEs.
- Provide Business Development Services for sustainable MSMEs’ Development.
- Promote group formation and strengthen MSME sector association.
- Provide Advisory and Counselling services to potential entrepreneurs towards motivating them to become self-employed.
- Deliver/facilitate business access to development services required to start and Improve businesses at the district level.
- Facilitate access to financial services from Internal and external sources for MSMEs and monitor to ensure recovery.
- Collect and collate data on MSMEs and Business Development Service Providers of MSMEs.
- Support Institutions at the Metropolitan/Municipal/District (MMDA).
- Provide follow-up and extension services to clients who have either started or are Improving business performance.
- Design and implement programs that promote access to market for MSMEs.
- Support MSMEs to meet regulatory obligations.
- Create a platform for stakeholder engagements and partnership with a view of pooling together resources to develop the local economy of the district.
- Implement activities in support of Government Initiatives and Programs