“An independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance process.”
The mission is to assist management in monitoring risk management processes, governance and internal controls, Internal audit is an integral part of the MMDA’s structure.
- Establish risk-based audit plans to determine the priorities of the audit activities consistent with the part of the district.
- Develop and implement process to require compliance with internal auditing standards and goals of the district.
- Develop and implement processes to facilitate the successful execution of strategic plan of the district.
- Modify the appropriate mix of resources (financial, human, tools, etc.) to support the effective and efficient implementation of the annual audit plan.
- Monitor to ensure audit activities (planning, fieldwork, reporting, follow-up and others) are performed in efficiently and in accordance with the requirements of the IAA.
- Adopt and maintain a Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme (QAIP) that is in accordance of the IAA.
- Monitor the timely and efficient execution of internal audit activities.