The works department is one of the decentralized departments of the District Assembly whose functions are crucial for effective implementation of infrastructural works related policies and programs at the district level.
To become a well-respected and reliable technical and engineering services department.
To improve the living standards of the people of Abura Asebu Kwamankese District by offering superior services through effective stakeholder collaboration for the provision and maintenance of adequate, safe, cost effective and socio-economic infrastructure in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- To ensure an integrated and harmonized infrastructural development in the district.
- To create synergy among work related activities.
- To ensure effective, efficient and sustainable service delivery (value for money)
- To provide technical service for all work-related activities (feeder road, buildings and water systems etc.)
- To maintain public works infrastructure (feeder road, buildings and water etc.)
- To prevent the creation of slums and to upgrade existing slums.
- To develop a maintenance plan for public infrastructure in coordinated and sustainable manner.
TECHNICAL STRUCTURE OF THE WORKS DEPARTMENT.
The Works department is made up of the following units and sections;
- BUILDING UNIT
- BUILDING CONTROL MANAGEMENT SECTION
- PHYSICAL PROJECTS DEVELOPMENT SECTION
- FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SECTION
- WATER UNIT
- DESIGN AND SUPERVISION SECTION
- OPERATIONS AND MAINTENCE SECTION
- FEEDER ROAD UNIT
- SURVEY AND DESIGN SECTION
- QUALITY CONTROL SECTION
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT SECTION
- MAINTENANCE SECTION